Travel Route

Travel Route

fredag 16. april 2010

Hola Amigos!


On the plane from Iguazu falls in the north on my way back to Buenos Aires so I finally have some time to update my blog.
So much has happened in the last 3 weeks that I am not sure where to start, but one thing’s for sure….I have had an amazing time so far!
My last blog was from when I just arrived in BA. After that I had another beautiful sunny week in the city checking out all the different areas. My favorite part is San Telmo. Its in the old part of BA and a really nice. Old building, small plazas with couples dancing Tango, old men sitting in the park playing chess in the afternoon sun , nice bars, restaurants and small antique shops everywhere.
Another highlight was the cementario in Recoleta….A truly fascinating and strange place! Instead of being buried under ground there were huge monuments that the people were buried inside….A true necropolis! This is also were Evita is buried.
The apartment I borrowed is in Palermo just by a huge park. So when I was not out sightseeing I would hang out in the park, read and work on my tan. Nice!

After a week I was ready for getting back to the ranch. We drove back the Wednesday before Easter and had a really nice week. Hugo’s family was also there for Easter so it was social nights, lots of good food and of course hours of riding horses:)
I had really nice experience the one day at the ranch when I went out for a walk taking pictures. In one of the fields there a two mares with their foals. The foals are approx 4 months and haven’t had any human contact yet. When I walked in to the field all the horses came running toward me and were very curious about whom I was. So I sat down in the grass and after a little while the two foals were nuzzling my back and my hair….so nice. And in the end they let me pet them on the face and neck. Such a good feeling when you can get animals to trust you:)


Last Friday I jumped on a bus in the local town close to the ranch and headed 15 hours North to Iguazu falls. I have spent 4 night and days here and it’s been great. Stayed at a really nice hostel and have met so many nice people! Saturday and Sunday I spent seeing the waterfalls, one day from the Brazilian side and one day from the Argentinean side. Both views are breathtaking! Monday I went to San Ignacio….the Jesuit Mission Ruins. I hadn’t really heard a lot about this place and went here by chance. Walked by a tourist information desk Sunday night on my way to the atm and they had a trip the following day so I jumped on it. So glad I did. I had a really interesting day there. And we also visited Che Cuevara childhood house and some crystal mines.


Yesterday I visited an animal rescue center located far inside the jungle. What a great place. They take care of animals that are confiscated in illegal export and animals that are injured in the jungle or by traffic accidents. They let the animals that they can back in to the wild and the ones that are to domesticated they keep for reproduction. It was great to see a place like this. Wish I could work here! And they had so many beautiful species of birds and some very tame monkeys that held my hand and wanted a back scratch

I ended my day with 2,5 hours at the Spa….heaven!

In BA I am treating myself to a night at a nice hotel! Its located in San Telmo and they give tango lessons at the hotel so I should be an expert by the time this night gets to an end ;)

And tomorrow I am heading back to the ranch for some last days before heading to Peru in a week’s time.

Hope everything is well back home in Stavanger. That’s that for now.

Hasta Luego

X

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar